Bookmark, rate or modify this place ? Login →
Located in front of the Bourse du Commerce, the column was commissioned by Catherine de Médicis in 1575. It is believed to have been a kind of observatory at the disposal of Cosimo Ruggieri, who was Catherine's childhood friend and astrologist.
Even if the column is often cited in tourist guides focusing on lesser-known parisian spots, it is largely ignored by parisians themselves - some will even be surprised to realize they never paid attention to it. But the column still stands today in an otherwise largely revamped neighbourhood.