Bookmark, rate or modify this place ? Login →
Opposing the 3rd district's Town Hall, one can observe strange blue drawings both on the street and the pavement. This marks the limits of the famous Temple Tower.
- The Temple - The Temple was a medieval fortress built by the Knights Templar from the XIIth century, as their European headquarters. The enclosure (called enclos du Temple) originally featured a number of buildings important to the running of the order, and included a church and a massive turreted keep known as Grosse Tour (great tower), and a smaller tower called Tour de César (Caesar's Tower). The fortress was destroyed in 1808. Today the Temple Paris subway station stands on the old location. (Source : Wikipedia)